Question
Posted by: Urgent weight loss | 2006/10/25

Over weight

I am 18 years and currently over weight. I have start to gym and feel more energise lately. But I am thinking of starting on the USN weight loss diet. Is there someone that can give me advise on how good the product is or how effectively it works.

Please help.

Thanx

I say keep up the exercise, and forget the diet. For now, do one thing, and that is exercise. If at some later stage you feel that you need a diet to assist you, then you can consider seeing a dietician, but I certainly would not spend money on that diet, because it's not proven or based on any science, whereas a meeting with a dietician, which would cost you about the same amount, is guaranteed to be unique and ideal for YOU as an individual. So stick with the training, give it a few months,and then look at diet much more seriously if you feel that you still need a push in the right direction. But don't go the supplement route.

2
Posted by: DO IT YOUR WAY | 2006/10/26

I lost 22kg from mid January till today. My secret - eat healthy, avoid the obvious things every magazine tells you and get ACTIVE! I doubled my normal gym social training programme by starting to spin (you can't talk, you can't leave halfway and YOU control the knob and your pace). As the weight dropped, I increased my effort - eventaully this led to cycling (road) and I now have a new passion, a new body and a new life. I still swim from time to time and have added walking the dogs in the late afternoon (when the snacking starts) good old gimicky Dr Phil says you can't break a habit if you don't replace it with something else! I am female and in my 50's - you will lose double per week than what I did - miracles don't happen over-night! but I am 3 jeans sizes down and people don't recognise me - you go guy/girl, it will be worth every effort!

Reply to DO IT YOUR WAY
Posted by: Sue | 2006/10/26

When you want to loose weight stick to cardio excersises like cycling, running, swimming and aerobics. This will burn your fat. If you do any machine excersises you will actually build your muscles and your weight might become higher. This is muscle weight not fat.

Reply to Sue