Posted by: Worried | 2008/06/12

Over the counter pill?

Hi I've recently relocated to CT, so don't have a Gynae or a GP yet.
In the past I was on Diane35 then changed to Marvelon due to the cost. I used to get the Marvelon from a Clinic sister at a pharmacy.
I then moved onto Yasmin as per my GP's request.
I have now been off the pill for about a year and would like to start taking a mild good pill. What over the counter pills can I get?
Can I go back onto Yasmin without a script? Or even Marvelon?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Worried
You have to see a doctor first - there are some things that needs checking before you start taking contraception and that needs to be monitored too - like your blood pressure for example. After that you can get a repeat script for 6 months.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Carlie | 2008/06/12


You need a perscription for most pills, unless you go to a local clinic. the most common pill you can get is Triphasil, which you can get in advance for 6 to 12 months.

If you want a GOOD mild pill, the best way is to get a perscription from a GP or Gynae.

Hope this helps.


Reply to Carlie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.