Question
Posted by: Dee | 2005/07/15

Over indulgence - now sore tummy

Hi Doc, last weekend, I over indulged on too much drinking on Fri & Sat. Sunday upon waking was very thisty of course, but by lunch time my stomach felt very bloated,sore and felt a buring sensation and took antacids, but this did not help. I too got something from the chemist but still did not help. I also experience pain whenever I burp. In the morning, my stomach makes noisy grumbling sounds but i'm not then hungry as yet, its been a week now and the problem still persists. What have I done to myself?? Please advise me if you think I need to go see me GP.

Dee, it sounds like you have gastritis – inflammation of the stomach lining. You can try taking Zantac® effervescent tablets for a couple of days, but if it doesn’t clear up (or it becomes worse) you should see your doctor. Good luck.

1
Posted by: PIP | 2005/07/15

To much acid .........know the feeling. Don't panic. You should maybe see the doc just to make sure you don't have an ulcer, they tend to get worked up when there is to much acid around.

Reply to PIP