Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2008/01/04

OVER ACTIVE THYROID

Can it cause moodswingse, effect the brain we know now the reason for lost of weight and was it nessacary to operate on a obstruction in the colon, was a very good mother lost interest in children can it also cause a mental dissorder?

Why such a tramendos loss of hair and change in eating habbits, she is 36 years old ???

Patricia

Dear Patricia

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It can definately cause mood swings and all the other symptoms that you describe. Therefore, it is important to see a Physician to have all the necessary tests done and to start treatment accordingly.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Kerryn | 2009/02/08

I was diagnosed through blood test and a sonar, with an over active thyroid. I have a lump 3.5cm x 2.5cm' s on my left thyroid. I went to the doctor because I have become extremely highly strung, moody and am loosing an excessive amount of hair ... I have an appointment on Thursday, 19 Feb with a general surgeon who will then tell me what can be done, but in the mean time I would like to know what supplements or foods can or should I be taking to help me!?

Reply to Kerryn
Posted by: ak | 2008/03/23

My dad was admited into hospital for an over active thyroid and has lost alot of weight because it. in trying to treat it they found out he has lung cancer as well. but his body is too weak to receive chemo therapy because he does not eat and in the last week the cancer has spread to his liver as well. in addition to this he suffers from diabetes. the doctors has said there is nothing much they can do. is this true ? what other alternatives are there to chemo therapy ?

Reply to ak