Question
Posted by: Shy girl | 2008/06/07

over active sweat glands

What causes over active sweat glands?

When I was 13 my sweat glands became very active. I would jsut get dressed and i would start sweating. it made me very uncomfortable and i wudnt wear certain types of clothing.

it got worse in high school - it was much stronger than ever! i wud constantly carry deoderant in my bag. i would have 2 wash my uniform every day 2 avoid the name calling...

i am 22 now, and it's seems 2 have subsided a bit.

is this because my hormone levels are in equilibrium? there are days when i get really really sweaty especially in summer.

but still, i avoid certain clothes...

what causes this over activity and is there a "cure"? or are some people genetically bound by this?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Some people are genetically inclined to have over-active sweat glands. There is no cure for excessive sweating but you can have Botox injections in the problem areas, which will alleviate the symptoms for a period of six months.

Kind regards