Question
Posted by: Help | 2004/11/05

over

When does one know it is time to call it quits in a love relationship, how does one feel before making this type of decision, what does one have to think and realise before making this type of decision?

If the decision is to really quit how does one begin the process of healing?

Even when you love that person.

,,,,,

3
Posted by: Diablo | 2004/11/05

Just do it and carry on with your life.

Reply to Diablo
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/11/05

It's normal to feel anxious about whether you're doing the right thing and how to go about making the break. Even difficult relationships seem to be hard to call off.
I think you need to think about the following things before you make a decision -
Am I happy in the relationship?
Does it add to my life, or take away from me as person?
Does the other person respect my dreams, desires, and me as a person or am I treated as an equal?
Can I be truthful in the relationship without feeling afraid?
If there are any problems have I communicated them and tried to work on them as a couple?
Is there anything I am doing that can change the way the relationship is going?
Do I love this guy or am I afraid of being alone?
Those are important questions to ask, but there might be more.

As for healing - the best thing to do would be is to keep in mind the reasons you have ended the relationship, and to spend time doing those things you enjoyed doing. Reconnect with old friends, and get out and about.
Of course you will need time to adjust to being single, but with time you will be fine.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Juzlisen | 2004/11/05

there is no easy answer to this. It takes allot of time and actions, reactions and happening to come to the realisation that the relationship is not worth it, that the person you're with is not worth it.
You have to weigh your options - does the bad outweigh the good? Is there more sorrow than happiness? Is reform possible - are there solutions to the problems at hand, can things be worked on and sorted out? Is there a real and genuine interest from both parites to heal and protect the relationship? There is so much to think about. But if love hurts - it wont work.
Take care of yourself and you need to be the number one person in your life.
Good Luck - whatever your decision.

Reply to Juzlisen