Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2007/02/28

ovary pain

Hi there, I am 18 years old. About three years ago, my doctor did a scan on my uterus for check-ups and said I had a small cyst growing on my left ovary. He said it was not serious...

However, now, three years later I feel that it gives me a lot of discomfort and it hurts when I do mild exercise. I went back to my doctor and again he told me to ignore it.

Is there something I need to be worried about?
Thank you for your time, Natalie

You don't say whether you saw a gynaecologist or a GP. A cyst of less than 3 cm in size is unlikely to cause any symptoms and they often come and go at different stages of the cycle. It does not sound like anyhting to worry about.