Question
Posted by: Faith | 2008/06/05

ovary

Hi Doc, after a hysterectomy a year back I only have one ovary left. This according to Doc bleeds sometimes (had Pelvic MRI).
Suddenly after months of it being OK it is aching like crazy, my whole left side is terribly sore. What is the normal treatment of a bleeding ovary and is it possible that it is bleeding again?

It may just be that you ovulated and this caused some pain. Persistent problem would require removal of the ovary. If you are still under 45 years, you should try to avoid this if at all possible.