Question
Posted by: SWAS | 2007/05/21

ovarion cysts/remove or keep

I HAD MY WOMB REMOVED IN MARCH 2006 AND MY OVARIES WERE KEPT DUE TO MY BEING ONLY 41 YRS. AND I AM BATTLING CYSTS ON EITHER SIDE 3 CM.IN SIZE WHAT WOULD YOU ADVISE ? REMOVAL OF CYSTS OR REMOVAL OF MY OVARIES. I HAVE HAD CYSTS REMOVAL 2 YEARS BEFORE THE PARTIAL HISTORECTAMY. PLEASE ADVISE ON EFFECTS OF REMOVAL / EFFECTS OF KEEPING.

If you have to have repeated removal of cysts, it becomes problematic and it is then better to remove the whole ovary. If the cysts are on one side, perhaps you could remove one ovary and keep the other. If both are removed, you will become menopausal.