Posted by: Louise | 2004/01/22

Ovarian wedge resection

I have PCOS and have been adviced that an Ovarian wedge resection might be able to help. Apparently there is only one doctor in SA that does this. How can I get his / her details?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Ovarian wedge resection is no longer done. A similar procedure called ovarian drilling is sometimes done. There are a number of doctors that do this. A fertility doctor would be a good person to see.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Me | 2004/01/23

Dont do it, I have heard many bad reports on this. I also have pcos and have been advised against it. Best thing to do would be to see a reproductive endocrinologist, she has helped me immensely and within 1.5 months of seeing her, I have lost weight, and am anxiously awaiting pregnancy results.

Reply to Me

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.