Question
Posted by: Louise | 2004/01/22

Ovarian wedge resection

I have PCOS and have been adviced that an Ovarian wedge resection might be able to help. Apparently there is only one doctor in SA that does this. How can I get his / her details?

Ovarian wedge resection is no longer done. A similar procedure called ovarian drilling is sometimes done. There are a number of doctors that do this. A fertility doctor would be a good person to see.

1
Posted by: Me | 2004/01/23

Dont do it, I have heard many bad reports on this. I also have pcos and have been advised against it. Best thing to do would be to see a reproductive endocrinologist, she has helped me immensely and within 1.5 months of seeing her, I have lost weight, and am anxiously awaiting pregnancy results.

Reply to Me