Question
Posted by: YF | 2007/06/12

Ovarian sist, Bladder problems

Hi, I keep on getting an ovarian sist on the left ovarian tube. This is now the third time I have it.(It started after taking Clomid two years ago). Can taking Contraception again clear this up?
I had a laporoscopy end 2005 with a full bladder! My gynea had to put in a catheder to let the fluid out. (4.5 litres) Have had bladder problems ever since.My bladder gets full fast. Have to go to the toilet within 5 minutes of taking fluids. Going to the bathroom more than 10 times a day and even through the night. I cannot stop taking water as no water causes immense pain and infection. What can I do to contract (make it smaller) bladder again?

Dear YF

The problem of the ovarian cyst is independent of the bladder problem. Certainly if the cyst is hormone dependent, it will regress with the use of contraception. However, it would be important to determine the underlying cause of the recurrent cyst formation. It is very probable that ovulation is not occurring properly and this may be the underlying reason for cyst formation, secondary to a hormone imbalance. Unfortunately the bladder problem would need to be assessed by a urologist. Also the probability of diabetes should be considered. There are two types of diabetes mainly mellitis (sugar) and diabetes insipidus. Both may require investigation.