Question
Posted by: Riza | 2008/05/27

Ovarian Mass

had histerect 4 yrs ago. Still have ovaries. Gynae found ovarian mass and cyst on ovarie when doin a sonar, she was not happy with the look of the mass. blood tests done came back normal. She put me on Provera 5 for ten days. Im worried, is this cancer...what is a ovarian mass? what does provera 5 do? I must go back in ten 10 days to see if there is a change to the mass? if not what than? im a total wreck, 10 days seems like forever! Please I need some answers...if blood is normal does this mean no cancer? just harmless growth?

Your doctor was obviously not worried enough about cancer to book you for surgery immediately. If the cyst is a simple one, the Provera should make it shrink. This is probably what your doctor is looking for. Negative bloods do not totally exclude cancer but this is a reassuring sign. If there is no change you will probably need surgery.
The next 10 days will be an anxious time, but sometimes the answer is only obtained by trying a treatment and seeing whether it works.