Question
Posted by: ANNA | 2007/03/18

OVARIAN FAILURE NO MORE

AM I MORE LIKELY TO FALL PREGNANT ON HRT OR NOT. ORIGINALLY I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD OVARIAN FAILURE HOWEVER NOW MY OESTROGEN HAS NORMALISED AND MY FSH HAS COME DOWN FROM 90.5 TO 45 I REALISE THIS IS STILL VERY HIGH BUT ITS HALVED IN THE LAST MONTH AND I AM HOPING IT WILL GO DOWN FURTHER. SHOULD I TAKE HRT TO INCREASE MY CHANCES OF FALLING PREGNANT OR WHAT SHOULD I DO

Dear Anna

Taking HRT should not increase your chances of falling pregnant. In fact it may decrease your chances. If you have premature ovarian failure and the FSH levels are dropping, this may indicate some return of function.