Question
Posted by: Jeannie | 2008/01/14

ovarian drilling

I am going for ovarian drilling and don't know what to expect. Can someone please explain to me exactly what to expect and what the successrate is? Also if there is any do's and don'ts?

I don't know whether this is being done laparoscopically or with a laparotomy, but you should expect the pain, etc from the operation. The success rate is quite good but not 100%. Other than the normal precuations with any operations, there are no particular dos and don'ts.

1
Posted by: Colette | 2008/01/15

Hi Jeannie,

I've had ovd about 5 years ago following PCOS and fell pregnant with my son within 3 months of the drilling and now also have a girl (9 months old). I fell pregnant with my daughter without any help. I did use clomid after the ovarian drilling and my gyne did sonar scans to check if I was ready to ovulate and when it was about time, he would let me know so that we could plan our intercourse.

Good luck!

Reply to Colette