Question
Posted by: Worried Mandy | 2004/01/23

Ovarian Cysts & possible DNC (D & C)

Sorry do not know how to spell DNC, anyway, an ovarian cyst popped and now the doctor has put me on the pill, antibiotics have not helped, and I have constant nausea and pains. I have seven on my left ovary. I can only see the Gynae in 1 month time as he is busy, the doctor said that I might have to have a DNC (D & C), how painful is this and will it limit my chances to conceive. I am 28 Years

I am not sure why you need to have a D&C for an ovarian cyst. If you have multiple small cysts, you may have a condition called PCOS. You can check the arcghives for more information on this, but the usual tretament is the Pill.