Question
Posted by: FED UP | 2010/02/08

Ovarian Cysts

Hi Doc,

I would just like to find out what causes ovarian cysts and what can I do to prevent the damn things. Been diagnosed with PCOS.

I have one ovary and have cysts: (normally 8cm)

Sept 2008, April 2009 and Feb 2010 (2 cysts).

I am overweight (84kg / 1.67m) so is this the cause ??

How can I prevent getting these cysts ? i am so damn fed up.

Thank you for your response.

There is a difference between PCOS and isolated large cysts and it is not clear which you have. If PCOS, this is a metabolic condition associated with being overweight, hormone imbalances and increased hairiness. Treatments include diet, and the Pill.

2

Hi there I am 20 have been diagnosed with pcoslast year. I read many stories about pcos. The best sure way to get rid of these things is excersizing, eat healthy foods. And take vitamins this is definitely not a nice lifestyle. I myself still indulge into all that chocolates etc. My doc prescribed Diane for me. Buy had very bad side effects. Ask your doctor to prescribe either yasmin. Or Diane. I was told my fsh levels were high. But other then that everything was normal, so I did so googling on fsh. And what it does. I' m not sure in your case what could be causing the cyst. So I guess excersizing and eating healthy and taking vitamins are your only options. Goodluck