Question
Posted by: Shells | 2004/01/19

Ovarian Cyst- Help urgently

I have just been told that I have a cyst next to my left ovary. The cyst measures 1,7cm. I was given a treatment which took 5 days which I finished. I then went to another specialist and when I went for a scan again, there were smaller cysts now. The doctor prescribed that I use yasmin for 6 months. I only used these for 2 days and because the pain during my period was too much I stopped and went for an injection to stop the bleeding once and for all.

Have done the right thing? The was too much for me, I have iron deficiency anaemia and am on the treatment right now.

A cyst of 1.7 cm is normal. If, however, you have many small cysts, this may mean that you have PCOS. There is plenty of information on this in the archives. The best treatment is the oral contraceptive, not the injection.