Question
Posted by: Flanker | 2007/12/05

Ovarian cyst : Doc. please help

My wife is pregnent for 7 weeks now. An ultra sound report of her also showed a cyst in right ovary(size 100cc approx).

4 months back the ultra sound report showed same cyst (size 80cc). But the doctor told us that it will disspear on its own, but now it has grown by 20cc more.

Now my question is:
what is this cyst?
Is it going to increase more?
how can it effect my wife pregnency and the delivery of child?
Is it dangerous?

I am very much worried, please advise me..
thanks

It is hard to saya what will happen to the cyst. \Most do disappear on their own. If it continues to grow, it may be necessary to remove it. It will not affect the pregnancy but could rupture.

1
Posted by: Mina | 2007/12/12

I am not a doctor in any form but do suffer from endometreosis. From my understanding these cysts tend to "back off" or get smaller if you menstruate less and seeing as though your wife is pregnant she is not menstruating and it shouldn't be a problem. Right doc?

Reply to Mina