Question
Posted by: Buhle | 2008/06/13

OVARIAN Cyst and a baby

Hi there!

Just wanted to know on the 27th of May I visited my Gynea for a check up and he discovered that I have another cyst which was 3.5 long, he said it will vanish after my periods is this true? and he noticed that my blood was low as it was 8.5 so he gave me Autrin to take for a month and Ponten for pain and he aslo gave me cyklokapron to reduce the amount of blood when my period comes so i did as told and i didnt bleed too much and the pain was not bad. My cycle is usually 40-45 days and i really want a little one just wanted to know if its possible to try for a baby when i have a cyst and my periods being this irregular.

Please help and thanks for reading.

B

sounds like normal management from your gynae. Most cysts this size goes away on their own. You may need assistance in getting pregnant.

2
Posted by: Buhle | 2008/06/13

can you suggest one i'm in Johannesburg CBD. Please

Reply to Buhle
Posted by: LL | 2008/06/13

Sounds to me like you have PCOS (cysts and irregular periods). Cysts cannot just disappear, they are unrealeased eggs filled with fluid. Your gynae shouldve helped you with an accurate diagnosis. Normally they prescribe a pill to regulate period / fertility drugs if trying to conceive and metformin to help with the insulin resistanc eif you do have that. which they determine with bloodtests.

It is possible to have a baby, but you need to ovulate. Irregular periods means you dont ovulate regularly. Maybe you should see another gynae... ?

Reply to LL