Question
Posted by: Halley | 2008/01/11

Ovarian Cyst

Hi Doc,

I am presently on the Mirena for 1 year now. I have been feeling discomfort in my uterus from about September. I went to my Gynae in December where we discovered I have a cyst. She gave me a course of antibitoics and said it should clear within a few weeks. I am due for another visit next month. My concern is why do I still have this uncomfortable pain now and again surely it should have cleared? Do you think I should remove the Mirena because ever since I got this inserted I have had all these unpleasant issues, ie Thrush, infections, acne. I don't even get a period which I think is abnormal. Please comment. Thanks

You may be uncomfortable because the cyst is still there. Wait and see what the check-up shows. Most women do not have periods with the Mirena and some have acne and thrush. If these are bothering you a lot, then try a different form of contraception.