Question
Posted by: 001 | 2007/05/29

Ovarian Cyst

The doctor told me that the cyst is 6*6 cm, is it harmful? Do I need to do surgery? Can't it dissappear?

Subject: Ovarian Cyst
Posted by: 001
Message:
Its now 5 mnths since bleeding, I've been to 2 doctors & was told that I have a cyst & fibroids, I am due for a cystmectomy & myomectomy procedure. Is the any alternative procedure other than surgery & can the cyst & fibroids dissappear?

Subject: microval
Posted by: 001
Message:
Can the bleeding last up to 2 months?

Subject: period since stopped taking microval
Posted by: 001
Message:
I've been on my period since I stopped taking microval contraceptive (1 month), I am also suffering from heavy period pains, vomiting and a pain on the left side of my tummy. I don't know what's wrong because I've been to 2 medical doctors, was only given pain killers.
Date: 6/2/2007

Subject:
Posted by: Gynaedoc
Message:
Irregular bleeding can occur after stopping Microval. The pain and vomiting could be adue to a number of causes, including bowel problems or bladder infections. Unfortunately, you will need an examination to sort out the cause for this.

Date: 8/2/2007

Date: 21/2/2007

Subject:
Posted by: Gynaedoc
Message:
It is possible that there is astill an adjustment in your hormone levels but I would suggest that you see a doctor in view of your other symptoms.
\Best wishes
Date: 23/2/2007

Date: 21/5/2007

Subject: RE: bleeding
Posted by: Missyd
Message:
i,ve been to my gynae a month ago and he suspected that i might of had a cyst as i never had my periods for five months and as soon as i started taking the pill again i started eith my periods, today i started bleeding again and have terrible stomach cramp, i still take my pill everyday.....

would you suggest that i go back to my gynae?
Date: 21/5/2007

Subject:
Posted by: Gynaedoc
Message:
Cysts can sometimes disappear with hormonal treatment but fibroids have to be removed surgically.

Date: 22/5/2007

6.6 cm is quite large and probably needs surgery. You could possibly try a month on the Pill if you are really not keen on surgery, but discuss this with your doctor.