Question
Posted by: Lerato | 2004/12/10

Ovarian cyst

I went to my gynae he told me that I had a cyst on my right ovary and it is 2.73cm x 2.73 cm in size.He suggested that I do an operation in January. Do you think I should go for a second opinion or go ahead with the operation?

This is a very samll cyst and mostly cysts of this size would not need surgery. I don't know, however, what symptoms you are having and whether it was a simple cyst or not.

2
Posted by: sm | 2004/12/12

Cysts come and go but the problem is when they twist,they give you a lot of pain.I had the same but mine twisted then i had laparascopy which is a very minor operation.But i still get the pain and i went to the dr they said it was back so i should take pain killers it might go.It might be better to discuss the options with ur doc.
All the best!!!!!!!!!

Reply to sm
Posted by: mpumi | 2004/12/11

Well Lerato... i also had a cyst in 2001 and i went for an operation a laparascopy which is not a major op. I only read about cysts recently that they come and go.. so i would suggest you go for second opinion and then maybe decide what you are going to do... good luck

Reply to mpumi