Question
Posted by: SP | 2003/01/20

Outie bellybutton

I would like to know whether I can have mine removed, or do something to make its appearance look better. I am 24 years old, and have never worn short tops or bikinis, as I am too scared to show my tummy and my horrible bellybutton. I have read somewhere about umbilical hernias, what actually cause ones bellybutton to protrude, and is there an op to change its appearance.

SP, it’s fairly easy to have it repaired. The best would be to see a general surgeon and have him repair it for you. Good luck.