Question
Posted by: Broken | 2008/06/13

Out Of options

CS,

I just want to say thank you for sound advise I finally got that beast out of my place on tuesday. Now the healing starts. It just got very overwelming today, it only really hit me that he is gone, and that I have nothing left as he literally emptied my out. I think it is the silence that is getting to me and the fact that he is actually not there anymore as the police escorted him out there it is just so final (am I crazy for feeling like this), as I did want him out.

I must say I sobbed for 2 hours I just couldn't believe that I actually allowed it to go on for so long, the fact that I really did love him hurts the most as he was not like this when I met him.

Anyway I just want to say thanks for the advice you gave me.

Don't think of it as silence, but of a space filled with the sound of independence and freedom. Of course it feels a bit odd at first --- believe me, after having an arm in plaster for some time, having the plaster off represents a great leap forward in freedom, but feels most strange and insecure for a time. Don't blame yourself for having allowed it to carry on for a while --- congratulate yourself for having had thecourage to end it. And be protective of yourself, as there ought to be much better days ahead as you work towards them

2
Posted by: Britty | 2008/06/14

Maybe you feel empty because the love you had for him when you met him has now gone and you have been living with a monster - don't waste any more tears on him because there is a man somewhere who will be worth crying over but he won't make you cry. Silence to me is peaceful and you need peace now to rebuild your life. Don't let what happened to you put you off men or people in general. You say that he "emptied me out" but he did not take your strength from you and that strength will help you build a new life. Take care and good luck for the future.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: lenny | 2008/06/14

You go girl.finally ohh!! freedom is your middle name now.

Reply to lenny