Question
Posted by: zelle | 2008/08/12

out of ideas

I have a weimeraner cross boer bull she is just over a year old. and about 5 months ago she hurt her back. I took her to the vet and she was there for a week and then came home home happy as ever.

About a week ago she had the same symptoms as before with the whole back thing i took her to the vet and they told me it was nothing serious...she can walk she just can' t jump and now she seems really depressed and has stopped eating and has become rather aggressive towards our two other female dogs and feels very sorry for herself....

what do i do???? what can i try???

Dear Zelle

Ask your vet for a course of anti-inflammatory tablets. Give this to her for at least one month. Start her on a joint supplement like Mobiflex, Arthrimed etc and keep her on that long term. A course of injection of Tavan SP works extremely well. One shot per week for 4 weeks then 1 injection per month as a booster. The drug is registered in the UK as Cartrophen-Vet and is widely used there. If your vet is not familiar with Tavan ask him to do some reseach, it is available.

If she's not better in 2 months please email and call me a liar.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/12

The dog' s aggression is most likely because she' s in pain, so it' s important to start her on the anti-inflammatories as soon as possible - you' ll probably get Rimadyl from your vet.

For the joint supplement, you' ll find that by far the cheapest is some stuff that' s actually made for horses, called Flex-O-Joint, and Flex-C-Joint. You' d get both, together they contain the vital ingredients of glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM. If there' s a saddlery (horse-shop) near you, they may have it, otherwise look on the Web.

Someone on this forum recommended these products and they seem to work pretty well.

Reply to Chill