Question
Posted by: Stressed out | 2008/01/24

Out of control teenager (16)

My son is on Concerta and Risperdal. He needs psychological help as well. Medical aids pay so little for consultations, but are more than willing to pay for medications prescribed. Are there no therapists, institutions, etc who are willing to help those of us who cannot afford it? I cannot even afford to go to FAMSA for help.

Its sad that medial aids are often really short-sighted, and will pay for medicines and be mean about consultations which may both greatly improve the individual's health and save money in the end. Famsa may still be able to help, check out the dept of psychiatry & psychology at your nearest medical school, and see what might be available through your nearest major state hospital

1
Posted by: sam | 2008/01/24

FAMSA asks for a voluntary payment - do they not? if you approach them and say that you cannot afford to pay they should still help you? (but i can be under correction...)

Reply to sam