Posted by: Not good | 2008/09/29

Out of Control

Hi CyberShrink &  everyone

Basically, I feel completely out of control of my life... I know what I have to do to make it better, but I' m lacking the motivation.

I have a truly beautiful relationship with my fiance, so thank goodness I am great in the love arena... But every other facet of my life is not what it “ should”  be. I hope you can help… 

1) I am about 10kg’ s overweight –  I need to start eating healthily and going to the gym. I have a gym membership that I pay R400 for every month…  but fail to use it. I eat healthily during the week for breakfast and lunch, but by the time supper comes I come off the rails. Weekends are just plain bad with eating…  And here’ s why:
2) I really enjoy coming home after work and smoking a joint (dagga) and on weekends I enjoy it too. I don’ t ever think about it while I’ m at work or when I need to do anything serious, but I love it when I have time to relax. Obviously smoking dagga is not good for one’ s weight as I get terrible munchies and that’ s why I eat badly in the evenings and on the weekends.
3) Just over a year ago I picked up smoking cigarettes. Not a good idea! I’ ve just hit that phase of addiction, looking forward to having my first ciggie in the morning. But now that I’ m smoking, I have no motivation to go to the gym because I know it’ ll be a massive battle with my lungs. Plus I’ d rather go home, relax and have a joint. So bad!

All in all I know what I have to do –  Stop smoking (in every form), eat healthy and go to gym…  But I just can’ t get my head around it! And I’ m not a dumb person…  I think I’ m just being lazy…  and indulgent. Please, I really need help here. I’ m in my late 20’ s and doing damage. I’ m not in control.

I see this was intended for Cybershrink, so I'm not going to comment and encroach on his turf - if you submitted it to the wrong forum, apologies, and perhaps resubmit!