Question
Posted by: anon | 2007/05/17

out of control!

I am a full time housewife and mother of two. My inlaws live next to me and we have bad tiffs every so often. The problem is that i cant handle their interferences and snide remarks anymore. Everytime they upset me I become enraged and say and do bad things. I swear at my husband and blame him 4 everything and throw and break things. I cant control my anger anymore. I am angry all the time. Angry with the kids, the dog, shoppers and anyone who gives me a hard time. I dont know what to do I was not this bad before. I just want to be a normal calm person who does not lose it everytime someone hurts or upsets me. what must i do?

If they physically interfere, the problem would need to limit their access to your home --- but if they interfere with nagging and unwanted advice, it's easiest to simply thank them for their interesting ideas, and ignore whatever they advise. They can only upset you if you allow them to do so --- and the best response is not to avoid them, but to just not allow their comments to annoy you. Treat it like a dog barking, saying to yourself " Ech, there they go again", and not being bothered. CBT counselling could help you further to learn how to be untroubled and to stop being angry in these many situations that have been riling you

1
Posted by: anon2 | 2007/05/17

Dont give them the power over your life. They know they are getting the better of you - see the comments for bully in the office - a few questions down - same thing - they control your life and you end of worse.
Take the control back into your life.
Read the comments on this question and put it in use in your life. Consider the in laws as big bullies.

Reply to anon2