Posted by: Draak-ula | 2007/05/24

Ou dikkes.

I'M HUNGRY!!! Doc, I can't help myself, and I'm stacking up those kilo's like there's no tomorrow! Don't matter if I just ate, I'M STILL HUNGRY! Could be the weather (I live in CT), or what? I just went to the shops, came back with 5 chocolates, a banana loaf, some low GI bread (for the maid) and two tarts! A peppirmint and a milk tart and let me tell you, I'M ALREADY HALFWAY THROUGH!!! See, food just tastes soooo good lately! It's positively orgasmic! And I never weighed so much in my entire life! I used to be a size 10, but for the past 4 years, I've gone up to a size 22 / 24. I'm so ashamed of myself, but I'm saying that eating another chocolate! What the hell's wrong with me?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Draak-ula
It is a well known fact that humans do tend to eat more, esp of fat-rich foods during the winter months when it is cold - this is an age-old genetic reaction. However, if you suddenly experience such a profound increase in appetite, then it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup. Ask the dr to test your blood glucose and insulin levels to see if there is a problem. If you should suffer from a condition such as insulin resistance then you would need to start eating a low-fat, low-GI diet. It is always better to have this type of diet prescription worked out for you individually by a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will take your insulin resistance and weight into account when working out your prescription. On the other hand this indulgence in rich food may be due to psychological problems (although you sound very cheerful at the moment!). People often turn to food as a reward or for 'comfort' when they are stressed, anxious or depressed. If this should be the case, then go for some psychological counselling.
Hope you find a solution

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.