Question
Posted by: Karl | 2005/01/05

osteotomy right knee

Hello
Please can you give me info on what to do to recover from op. I had op to shift weight to outer part of knee, angle corrected by 18 deg. on tibia and fibia. Trying to recover alone by swimming, cycle ,infra light and tens machine. Not much info about op and recovery on internet. Op date was the 10th nov 2004.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Carl

This is one yur surgeon should deal with as they all have their own protocols.
As far as I am aware getting things moving with swimming and cycling is great, but you need to do some weight bearing exercises as this helps increase healing time. Check first with surgeon on time frames recommended.

Douglas