Posted by: Deco | 2008/06/19

Osteoporosis - Glyconutritiens

I have bought glyconutritiens which cost me R1 500 p/month. The sales person guaranteed me that there will be a drastic change in my bone density count within 6 months. I bone density is very low, will it make a difference? Can I stop using my prescribed medicine for osteoporosis?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Deco
Please don't stop your prescribed medication!!
There is absolutely no scientific proof that these glyconutrients can in fact improve bone density- if this was the case, our doctors would have used this. It is also about 3x more expensive than proven osteoporosis therapy. Ask the suppliers for scientific proof where drug trials have been done to actually show an increase in bone mass. It is actually quite irresponsible of someone to make a statement that cannot be backed by scientific evidence.