Question
Posted by: Dawn | 2007/06/09

Osteoporosis - diet?

What foods should you eat to get the most calcium in your body?
Please reply to my e-mail.

Dear Dawn
For obvious reasons I cannot reply to Readers by e-mail. The richest sources of calcium in the human diet that are also highly bioavailable, are milk and dairy products (cottage cheese, yoghurt and other types of cheeses). If you have 3 cups of milk a day you will ingest the 1000 mg of calcium that adults require to prevent osteoporosis. You can also take calcium supplements like Calcium Sandoz or Caltrate to ensure that you ingest sufficient calcium on a daily basis.