Posted by: Ronel | 2005/11/24


I am 34 years and diagnosed as osteopenic. Can enough calcium supplements reverse this eventualy?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Ronel
I surmise that the dr who is treating you will have discussed the various approaches with you such as taking oestrogen supplements, calcium, vit D and fluoride and various other preparations such as Fosamax? If not, please go back to the dr and ask him/her about these medications and supplements. Osteoporosis can't specifically be 'reversed' but with the correct treatment you will be able to halt the progression and possibly also replace some of the lost bone tissue. Regular weight-bearing exercises (with weights in a gym) can also prevent the progression of osteoporosis.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.