Question
Posted by: PAIN IN THE NECK... | 2005/07/11

OSTEOPHYTES...

During 1996 a fusion was done from C3 to C5. Approx 2 years after the operation I was involved in an accident. The affixing screws broke of and the steel plate was removed.
During the course of the past month I've been experiencing pain and discomfort and went for X-Rays on Saturday.
Osteophydes have once again developed. Unfortunately another condition was also discover 'hypro???...' - the X-Rays are currently with my doctor but I believe this condition affects more males than females - over the age of 50.
I'm 43 years old and would appreciate assistance - my sincere apology that I can't supply the condition's correct name.
Could you please advise whether surgery is the only alternative in terms of the osteophytes.
Your feedback is highly appreciated!

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Surgery is not always a solution - however without actually seeing your x/rays or positive identification of the new condition, I am at a loss for better advice. Take the x/rays along to a chiropractor and discuss this with him/her.