Question
Posted by: sam | 2004/12/09

Osteoperosis

I had a bone density test done two years ago.

The doctor presribed fosomax which I took for a year and had a nother bone density test carried out , and my condition improved.

I find fosomax a bit strong is there any other medication, or natural supplments that can be taken or what food should I eat

I am not one for medications

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Sam

If you can let me know what your bone density test said, I would be able to give you better advice. Fosamax is a very good drug for osteoporosis, and if you really need it, you should try and use it for at least 4-5 years. Please contact the osteoporosis foundation for more advice tel 0861102265 or 021 9317894.
Calcium rich foods should be taken (dairy products)- you must ensure that you take in at least a gram of calcium per day.
Tereza

1
Posted by: joyce reddy | 2005/01/28

i would like to know what causes oesteopania - i am 50yrs

Reply to joyce reddy