Posted by: sam | 2011/06/17


I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. The pain is constant in my knee, and painkillers have minimal effect.

I have had a basic xray that shows OA

The specialist said something about a piece of bone or something may have come loose in the joint. I am not sure exacly what he said as there was too much info in a short period.

Assuming this is correct - what is the best way of determining if this is a loose piece of materail that can be removed, and what is involved thereafter ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


A CT scan of your knee will provide all the information that is needed to make a proper diagnosis and if necessary an artroscopy can be done to remove the piece of cartlidge surgically.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.