Question
Posted by: Karen | 2007/12/18

Osteoarthritis

Hi, my sister of 41 has always been fit and healthy but about a year ago started suffering lower back pain on and off, she went for x-rays to get to the bottom of it and has been told she has osteoarthritis of the lower spine and hip. This is apparently quite rare for such a young female. Can you recommend which would be good safe exercises for her. We go spinning 4 times a week and body conditioning once a week. The doc also said she has the smallest hip joints he's ever seen, and that the socket is almost to small for the ball, something she probably was born with. Is there anything she can do to aleviate the pain.

Thank you very much !

Hi Karen

As much as I hate doing this, I have to refer it on to someone who can assess her and make recommendations for the specific case. It would be speculative and quite risky to just recommend exercises over this relatively impersonal forum, and having seen someone, that person is in the best position to give her advice.

So while I hate passing the buck, I would advise that she consult with a doctor first to resolve the pain - there are treatements that are available, and second, to get some advice on exercise. If the doctor can't help, then he or she can refer on to a physio or biokineticist who can give that advice.

1
Posted by: KJSA | 2008/01/08

HAVE YOU TRIED OUT KANGOO JUMPS, THEY REDUCE UPTO 80% OF THE IMPACT ON YOUR JOINTS. www kangoojumps co za

Reply to KJSA