Posted by: SG | 2009/08/17

Orgasm issue

Hi,I am a 55 year old male that has had very little sexual activity with my wife over the past year and have taken to masturbating lately.I have noticed that when I orgasm that even though I have the sensation of ejaculating there is almost nothing there - if at all.
I might mention that I do have a very slightly enlarged prostate for which I have medication for.
Is the above normal or should I see a dr to check it out ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

A slightly enlarged prostate is quite common as men age, and since you are receiving medication for this, I assume that this is being checked on a regular basis. The most likely reason for this is that you are only now noticing the quantity since your ejaculate is visible to you during masturbation; it is quite normal for the quantity of fluids to diminish with age. You may also notice that the force with which it is ejected is less than it may have once been. Why don't you check this out with your doctor when you go for your next prostate check?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.