Question
Posted by: MIKEC | 2007/03/21

Orbitrek Help

Please help me with a training program with my orbitrek EAS Whey Shake And Animal Pak where when and how thanks.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi MIKEC

I am unfortunately not a training expert and would therefore rather refer you back to the supplier or to the assistance of a biokinetics expert to help you with a suitable training program.

Regarding the whey – it should be used in conjunction with a balanced eating program. Therefore determine you calorie need per day and split it into six meals per day with the carbs around 50-60%, the protein around 15-25%, and the fat intake at 20%. There from you will be able to see where to fit your whey shake in as a scoop usually contains 20g protein. It is advisable to use liquid food e.g. protein shake within 45 minutes of training to refill the body’s stores. Body builders again on the other hand also like to consume a protein before bedtime, but I would rather recommend a slow release protein at this time meaning a protein shake higher in casein protein or simply just eat fat free cottage cheese.

With regards to the Animal pak you will have to issue me with information as to the ingredients and what the aim of using the product is in order for me to give you the best usage thereof.

Take care.
Vanessa

1
Posted by: David | 2007/05/08

What are your goals? aka what do you want to achieve.

if you are looking to reduce fat and increase muscle then you should be doing around 30 - 45 min on the orbitrek in the morning before breakfast. firstly the reason for the time is that you will burn easily accessible sugar (energy) within the first 20 min after that your body will begin to draw on its reserves (aka Fat) mind you that over doing cardio is not advisable as you body will start to burn energy from your muscles (which you dont want as more muscle mass = faster metabolism = less fat) . the reason for doin ghte cardio in the morning is because you stomach is empty and you body has been going on a 8 hour fast this means that your body will not draw energy from the food in your stomach and it will be forced to take from your fat reserves. After your morning cardio wait for an hour to eat (i recomend a good museli with no sugar if you want to sweeten it ad some fruit).

One important aspect in any training is to train for your body type and within its limits. the three main body types are endomorph, ectomorph and mesomorph.

Endomorphs are generally short, stocky and carry their weight around their hips, they build muscle easily but struggle to loose fat. the aim of their training is to increase muscle mass. Do hi reps (12) with heavy weight. a bonus about being a endomorph is it is difficult to overtrain.one thing is you will need to limit cardio to twice a week.

Ectomorphs are generally tall very little muscle mass, the aim here is not to reduce fat but to add mass. the problems that arise here is that the ectomorphs body consumes muscle extremely easily and therefore you can overtrain very quickly. do heavy weight train (7 reps per set with long breaks between sets, do 3 to 4 sets). An important aspect here in order to put on muscle mass is to feed the body try and eat 6 healthy meals a day and have a protein shake before bed.

mesomorph are the the typical jock and if you are here looking for training tips then you probably are not one. mesomorphs build extremely quickly and have very little problem with fat. nuff said.

A final note about body types is that you are very rarely only one and you most probably are a combination. for instance i am a endo-mesomorph. consult a good body building website for more information.

In regard to your questions about products i personally do not use any i believe that eating correctly can accomplish the same if not better results, it just takes more time. consult a personal trainer who is qualified in this area and they will steer you in the right direction. rememer no body is the same and its needs vary greatly from the next. what may work for someone may not work for you.

i hope this helps a bit and remember what you put into your body is what you get out. if you eat and drink junk it wil look like that. stay away from softdrinks, fast food (allow yourself one day a week when you can have something), alchohol is a big contributer to fat so if you cant cut it out switch to something like whisky (white wine is fattening), reduce carbs (do not cut them out of your diet, atkins diet is dangerous). basically if you think its unhealthy then it probably is.

Cheers

regards

David

Reply to David