Question
Posted by: Remi | 2005/07/25

Orbitrek - good or not?

I am almost 7 months pregnant and exercise 20 min 5 days a week on my Orbitrek, is it long enough or should I increase the time. I am waiting for the summer to get back into our swimmingpool as well. I have gained 10kg already and only want to maintain my weight from now on.

I have also gained a lot of weight in my arms and back - any tips to improve that? I am rather short 1.65 and weigh currently 70kg.

I am following a relatively healthy diet.

Dear Remi,

From the 7-9 month of pregancy, your baby grow the fastest; hence, you will more than likely gain weight during this period of time as the baby continues to develop. If you try and "maintain" this particular weight, then the growth of your baby may suffer. This would not be a good idea.

Step off the scale until you deliver and continue your current exercise routine to tolerance. Perhaps alter exercises to improve your comfort level, but DO NOT try and increase your exercise level from this point forward. Worry about losing the few kg's of "fat" AFTER you deliver and NOT while you're pregnancy for the safety of your unborn child.

Congratulations and Best Wishes.