Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/07/11

Oratane - watery and red eyes

Hi doctor

I started taking Oratane 40mg on Wednesday evening (now Friday evening) and since yesterday my eyes became very watery and I also have slight blurry vision.

Can you please advise whether I should contact the dermatologist regarding this, or whether it is normal, and what I can then do to help the situation. Is it possible Conjunctivitis?

It is also a little red and itchy around my eyes.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you inform your dermatologist about this condition. Oratane dries out the skin and can cause conjunctivital irritation. For the irritation, you can use Tears Naturale. This can be bought over the counter and is very safe.

Kind regards