Question
Posted by: Lourika | 2008/05/22

Orange GI

Could you please tell me what the GI of an orange is.

I would also like to know how many KJ I can consume in a day if I want to lose weight?

How many KJ does 50g of All Bran flakes with 160ml of low fat milk contain?

Would you say it is better to use 2% milk of fat free in terms of KJ? I feel that the 2% milk tastes better, but do not want to use it if it contains a lot more KJ than fat free.

Dear Lourika
Oranges and citrus fruit are classified as low-GI. To lose weight, adult women should not consume more than 6300 kJ per day. 50 g of All Bran flakes + 160 ml low-fat milk contain 852 kJ. 2% milk contains 2 g of fat and 208 kJ/100 ml, while fat-free contains 0,2g of fat and 146 kJ per 100 ml. You can decide which type of milk fits in best with your diet.