Question
Posted by: Mick | 2007/05/31

Oral Sex

Doctor

I have been having problems with oral thrush and all tests in world from routine to std tests all neg.Could it be a result of performing oral sex on my wife.

My wife is very clean down there and infact never has an odour when we have sex so what do you think.

Pestering tounge

Dear Mick
Yes it could be the reason. Candida which causes oral thrush is a "commensal" organism of the vagina, meaning it lives there normally without causing infection. Women only gets vaginal thrush if it overgrows due to antibiotic use or low immunity or something.