Question
Posted by: Charlotte | 2003/12/12

Oral contraceptive

I'm currently using condoms for contraceptives & recently had to take the morning after pill as a condom wasn't available - irresponsible but realistically it does happne!. I was advised to go onto the contraceptive pill to stop this from happening again. I do't like to take anything & have a problem with the thought that something will be affective my hormones on a long-term basis. On a natural health level, are my concerns founded or could I really justify taking the pill?

Expert ImageNatural health

Hello Charlotte

Yes they are founded. Open the package insert to see why. The Pill comes with its benefits and side effects. Personally I would recommend that you rather stick to the condoms. Be responsible with it and it will work for you.

What if you forget to take the pill one night?

Estie