Question
Posted by: Dee | 2007/11/30

Oral contraception

I have lived in South Africa all my life and used to get my oral contraceptive through my doctor who prescribed it to me at 6 month intervals. I have recently moved over to the UK (London). I haven't been taking the pill for 2 years now as I have been single and there has been no need! For future reference, I think it would be best if I knew where I could get it. Do you have any suggestions?

Dear Dee

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I am unable to advise where you can purchase the oral contraceptive in London and as you have not told me which oral contraceptive you have been using, I am unable to advise if you in fact will need a prescription. If however, you do become sexually active, I suggest that you consult a doctor in London, who will be able to prescribe the contraceptive.

Kind regards