Question
Posted by: Noodles | 2004/01/19

Optimal Sleep Patterns

I lead a rather demanding life. I work 12 hours a day and then study in my spare time. I really need to find some more time to study so I was thinking of staying up later and getting up earlier to get everything done. I heard if you eat well and excercise you can cut your sleep time down to about 5 hours if necessary. Do you think this is a viable option and if so, how do you recomend I go about doing it?

Thanks a lot.
Noodles

Noodles, it all depends on how much sleep you need and what you’re used to. You will have to try to go to bed at the same time every night and slowly decrease your sleeping time with not more than half an hour per week by either going to bed later or getting up earlier. The average person will need 4-9 hours per week day and you will have to find out what you’re comfortable with. Good luck.