Question
Posted by: Renira | 2004/09/21

Opinions needed please

Hi Ladies,

This Q is for my cousin who has just found out she is preggies (yup the weird test turned out to be positive after all).

She was planning on visiting me this weekend (she lives in Dbn and I in Jhb), and was to drive up. Her doc advised her not to drive up as the long journey in the sitting position may put her pregnancy at risk.

Is this true?

All answers welcome.

ps/ guys I am really busy at work so may not be able to post as often as before. But I still take a peak as often as I can.

Take care
Renira

Patient`s situation varies. I am sure the doctor had his/her reasons

5
Posted by: Renira | 2004/09/21

What if you are a passenger and can relax as much as possible?

Reply to Renira
Posted by: new | 2004/09/21

I was also advised not to drive, Shmegal the difference btn sitting and driving is that with driving u are pulling ur musle. With sitting u can stretch

Reply to new
Posted by: Shmegal | 2004/09/21

I don't know so much about this sitting for long periods. I'm presuming that most of us sit for very long periods at our desks in the office, is this not similar to sitting in a vehicle for a few hours? I sit at least 8 hours a day, getting up only to go to the loo. In this time I could have driven from CPT to PE. I'm a day away from being 12 weeks pregnant and thus far all has been perfect.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: Elize | 2004/09/21

I'm happy for you cousin, I'm suppose to go up north over the weekend i won't be driving t my hubby will be driving will i be in danger

Reply to Elize
Posted by: Blondie | 2004/09/21

My doc also advice me not to travel long distances until I was 12 weeks pregnant, a friend of mine did travel during her first trimester and she had spotting for a few days and got a huge fright, luckily she didn't loose the baby.

Blondie

Reply to Blondie