Question
Posted by: Cool | 2005/07/27

Opinions

Hi all,

What a pleasure to find a forum like this, great stuff!!!
I hope we'll keep it clean on here and be a good example to the rest of the world.

I have a bit of a problem. I am not confident in gay relationships for many of my friends' relationships doesnt last long at all.

As a result I tend to not wanna waist my time with men. But as it may I have been told that I am a, I quote, "Man Eater". Which is totally not the impression that I wanna give people.

I am 28years old and only had one decent relationship which lasted a year and a half, never had a one night stand ever, I slept with 3 men in total and kissed plenty.

With the above said this hardly constitute being labeled a man eater isnt it?

Where did I go wrong by being labeled that way. My friends boyfriends always calls me a sexual predator and becomes very insecure when I'm around. They dont like it if I visit them if they are not accompanied by the other. this is general with all my friends and partners. i thought by now I'm used to it but recently its been happening again.

We were envited to a party and one of my friends brought his new date along. Two of my friends ganged up on me telling me that I should stay away.

How do I convince my friends that I am not like that and why cant they see it for themselves. I have never taken anyone's boyfriend away from them and never even tried or considered. I dont think I am that good looking for other people to feel intimidated my me.

I dont wanna end up alone with no friends when they all have boyfriends and that is what is busy happening.

What can I do? The gay world for me as a single gay male is harsh.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hello Cool and thanks for visiting this forum,

Maybe you need to have a chat with your friends and explore why they lable you a 'Man Eater' - only they can explain it to you. It could be useful for you to get some feedback on how others see you. I'm wondering whether on some level your concern about being single, while your friends all have boy-friends, may lead you to possibly unconsciously sabotage their relationships. You may not even be aware that you're doing this. Maybe you flirt a bit in order to boost your own self-esteem and to feel important in the group? Ask you friends to comment.

1
Posted by: s | 2005/07/29

s

Reply to s