Question
Posted by: monami | 2006/07/31

Operation or not

I went for a sonar and the dr found "gal gruis" in my gallbladder no stones as yet. I do have the pains & cramps. My own dr advised that I should have an operation to remove my gallbladder as there is no medication to disolve or remove these small flake like bile in the gallbladder. what is your advise shoul i have the op or not? is there anything that can be done to remove these flakes without removing the gallbladder? Please help

Dear Monami
you will probably in the end need to have the gallbladder removed as the problem is not the small stones but the gall bladder not working effectively. However there are other options available - read this article:
http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/gallstone_removal.jsp