Question
Posted by: Hubby | 2004/11/17

"Open" lump on finger.

Dear CyberDoc,
My wife has a 5mm diameter lump (3mm high) on her finger that looks sort of like a wart that has had the top sliced of, exposing a red gel like flesh that bleeds very easily when accidently knocked.
It does not appear to be healing easily. She has been to the doctor twice who says that it will eventually heal. There is no sign of infection but it is painful. Any idea what this could be and how it should be best be treated to speed up the healing process?
Thanx for your time.

Hubby, it sounds like it might be a traumatic granuloma, but I can’t say for sure what it is without examining her first. Did your doctor say what it is called? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.